work in the family
Stouthaus Coffee Pub opened our first location on September 15, 2014 at 4715 S. Lamar (frontage road of 290), Sunset Valley, TX. Currently we are looking for very experienced baristas for evening and weekend shifts.
At Stouthaus we’re passionate about espresso, craft beer, community, and excellent customer service. We want people to feel at home when they walk in the door. Serving Cuvee Coffee, craft beer/wine and food from local vendors, Stouthaus is a coffee shop with a “public haus” feel (the neighborhood Pub).
The role of Barista at Stouthaus isn’t just a job, it’s a PASSION. You have to WANT to be here. If you don’t like learning, people, espresso and cleaning, let’s not waste each others time. But, if you feel you meet the requirements below, then read on and follow these instructions included. As a Barista at Stouthaus…
- applying to us with a minimum of 1 to 2 years experience in specialty coffee (for real)
- An avid ESPRESSO enthusiast.
- Not selfish or lazy. And not a snob about your experience.
- committed to cleaning, and re-cleaning
- A learner, and self motivated. You understand you are never “done” learning. You must be hungry for personal growth, not just in this trade but in life.
- Engaging and fun. When you speak, people lean in to listen.
- Interested in the welfare and benefit of the community around you.
- Gifted with the ability make customers feel welcomed and valued, making a REAL difference in the daily lives of others.
- A peacemaker, able to bring resolution in situational conflicts with customers or team members.
- A teacher. (See “You Will Be” below)
- Passionate about the craft of making beverages, and understand how this ties the value to COMMUNITY.
- Able to motivate and inspire others towards excellence.
- Able to laugh at yourself, willing to learn from mistakes and able to encourage your team as we grow and fail together.
you will be:
- working nights and weekends, with opportunity to expand as business needs grow
- working in an atmosphere that encourages growth, learning and creativity for you AND our customers. Risk taking is welcome.
- Ensuring the satisfaction of our customers. Send them out with an “I’m coming back tomorrow” experience.
- Greeting customers before THEY greet you.
- Rounding the shop for dishes, trash and refilling water for customers as you go… without their asking.
- Educating our customers in the things you’re being educated in (coffee regions, brewing methods, beer styles, etc.) Remember, Stouthaus values growing our customers, too.
- Flexible to the scheduling needs of the team, including extended hours, holiday coverage and off-site catering events.
- Slicing tomatoes, moping floors and pouring latte art.
- Maintaining a clean and organized work area (for real, you have to know how to clean!)
- ..having fun with us.
helpful if you:
- are knowledgeable in craft beer and wine, with experience as a bartender
- have your T.A.B.C. certification and/or Food Handler’s Certificate
- have experience operating/servicing La Marzocco machines
- understand traditional italian espresso recipes
- are knowledgeable with pour-over brewing methods
- are still reading, and are excited to work in a fun, casual atmosphere where everyone takes the mission very seriously, but no one takes themselves too seriously
your next steps:
Stouthaus Coffee is an exciting and great place to work, with an incredible staff committed to teamwork. If you feel that you are a great fit for this team, please PASTE your resume in an email to INFO@STOUTHAUSCOFFEE.COM AND answer these five questions:
- What was the last experience that made you a stronger person?
- The best part of waking up is?
- What’s your favorite indoor/outdoor activity?
- What chore do you absolutely hate doing?
- What’s still your favorite movie, no matter how many times you’ve seen it?
BOUNS POINTS: How do you make a traditional macchiato?